We have developed three objectives that identify mindsets ASIJ aims to develop in students:
- Students will identify problems and use innovation and collaboration to design and evaluate solutions.
- Students will take risks, explore passions, develop their strengths and pursue their personal paths with resilience.
- Students will develop the capacity to understand diverse perspectives.
Student Learning Outcomes
ASIJ educates students to become:
Effective communicators who...
- express ideas, emotions, and personal experiences clearly and creatively through the written and spoken word and through the arts
- listen critically with understanding and empathy.
Literate individuals who...
- integrate learning and apply it to authentic situations
- read fluently with comprehension for a variety of purposes, develop a strong foundation in all academic disciplines
- access, analyze, evaluate and present information using diverse resources
Critical thinkers and problem solvers who...
- Apply creativity and persistence, and develop awareness of their own thinking, in defining problems and developing strategies to solve them
- Demonstrate flexibility in thinking
Self-directed, productive learners who...
- Seek personal excellence in intellectual, artistic, practical and physical endeavors
- Independently pursue learning
- Set, achieve and reflect on personal and collective goals
- Make healthy choices
Constructive community members who...
- Have a clear sense of self and exhibit honesty and integrity
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Show respect for the rights and tolerance of the values of others
- Develop an awareness and understanding of the host culture and other cultures
- Understand environmental issues and work to preserve the environment
- Contribute their time, energies and talents to improve the quality of life in our families, schools, communities, nation and world
- Prepare themselves for citizenship in a democratic society