Who are our faculty and staff? What are our teacher qualifications and expectations? Before applying, check out our Before You Apply page to learn about Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and how our factulty and staff go beyond the classroom.
Applicants for all teaching and leadership positions at ASIJ must have an active, confidential profile with either Schrole Connect or Search Associates. Direct applications will not be considered.
See our vacancies page for more details and additional vacancies.
Applications for the 2024–25 school year will open in November, 2023.
Thanks to the generosity of ASIJ donors, our school is pleased to be able to offer a small number of need-based scholarships each year. We seek candidates who will be active, engaged members of our school community, and who can thrive in a highly academic, rigorous program.
Before proceeding, please note the following important points:
READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are applying for a need-based scholarship, please do not attempt to begin the application process without first receiving confirmation from us that we have received your completed inquiry form, and that you have been approved to apply. Scholarship applicants who attempt to complete the regular application process without first receiving approval will not receive a response.
- Are available to students entering ASIJ between Grades 8 and 11 inclusive;
- Include fees such as tuition, bussing, a laptop, and school trips related to the curriculum (a participation fee may be required from the parents to cover a portion of the school fees);
- Are provided for up to five years, dependent on the recipient maintaining the appropriate academic level and abiding by the school rules.
- Evidence that the student applicant lives with the parent(s)/guardians(s);
- Evidence that the student applicant has the legal right to reside in Japan;
- Evidence of an annual household income of no more than ¥6.2 million (regardless of number of earners and regardless of number of people in the household). Government subsidies should not be included in this number.
- be at least 13 years of age on or before September 1st of the school year for which they are applying and have completed Grade 7 (so, if you are applying to start Grade 8 in August of 2023, you must have completed Grade 7 and you must turn 13 years old before September 1, 2023);
- have excellent command of oral and written English.
- There is no fee to apply. You will be asked to write an essay, and to submit references & academic records. Our admissions officers will help you to navigate the process;
- Candidates who are selected to continue in the process will be invited to visit campus for an interview and assessments in math and English;
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of finalists may be asked to submit more detailed financial information, and to provide updated information each year to ensure that the family remains qualified to receive the scholarship;
- ASIJ will notify you of its final decision by April 1, at which point you will have one week to accept or decline the offer.
- The ASIJ school year begins in August.
If you have any questions at any time, please contact us (in English) at firstname.lastname@example.org.